Peavey Bandit Footswitch build

Started by GreenTeaZ, April 11, 2015, 12:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenTeaZ

Ok, so I've had my Bandit for a few months now, and to save a bit of coin, I'd decided to build my own footswitch. It's comprised of simple stuff; two latching SPST switches and a stereo out. I'll be using a 10 foot TRS cable to hook it to the amp. Now, for my question. Do I have the correct parts? I'm 99.9% sure these are correct, but after an impromptu hookup I'm not so sure. On one switch, I hear a click, the other, nothing. Unless I've been misled like a numbskull and it's not the boost I'm turning on and off and it's the reverb.
Builds:
Two Button Footswitch
Aries Voltage Starve
413 Fuzz

Buzz

I found this for you

Is that the method of wiring you used?

I don't know how to get rid of the pop. Someone around here will though.

edit. I misred your post, sorry. If one of the footswitches is not clicking it is either non-latching (momentary) or broken.
Also you will need DPDT, not SPST to make the above unit.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

greaser_au

Which model of Bandit is it?

The couple of Bandit schematics  (if I am reading them  right) shows the tip as the reverb switch and the ring as the channel switch.  One schematic was FET switching of reverb & channel, the other schematic operated a relay for channel and directly shorted the reverb signal via the FS.

The diagram Buzz posted is perfect.   If all you have is SPST push-on/push-off (latching) switches, they should be fine, just ignore the other contacts shown (assuming they only have 2 pins).  

david

Buzz

I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

GreenTeaZ

Quote from: greaser_au on April 11, 2015, 05:45:50 AMWhich model of Bandit is it?

The couple of Bandit schematics  (if I am reading them  right) shows the tip as the reverb switch and the ring as the channel switch.  One schematic was FET switching of reverb & channel, the other schematic operated a relay for channel and directly shorted the reverb signal via the FS.

The diagram Buzz posted is perfect.   If all you have is SPST push-on/push-off (latching) switches, they should be fine, just ignore the other contacts shown (assuming they only have 2 pins).  

david
It's a newer one. I believe it's the current model.

EDIT: Got it working, thanks guys! Now if that TRS cable would hurry it up...
Builds:
Two Button Footswitch
Aries Voltage Starve
413 Fuzz