New booster circuit

Started by Godslildrummer, May 27, 2019, 12:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Good news!   :)

Quote from: Godslildrummer on May 29, 2019, 02:09:01 AM
Now this leads to my next question, is there somewhere I can learn all of this and not piece bits and pieces together from different websites and stuff?

Hang around here.  You'll learn loads.   :icon_cool:

(Other suggestions will arrive here shortly...)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

merlinb

Like I still don't fully understand hfe and how to read the transistor data sheets. And if I move into a tremelo or delay I'm sure I would be lost.
I would recommend you start with opamps and learn how to use em, build some opamp-based circuits. Transistors are a lot more fiddly to learn about and use., I'd save them for next semester ;)

antonis

P1 of C2 was connected to the emitter instead of the collector!
That's a very good chance to deal a bit with (misbiased) buffers (aka Common Collector amps aka Emitter followers..) :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Ben N

Now this leads to my next question, is there somewhere I can learn all of this and not piece bits and pieces together from different websites and stuff? Some free (or cheap) course or a good beginner website for pedal theory or a book you recommend.

Hmmm.... How serious are you? https://archive.org/details/TheArtOfElectronics-2ndEdition  ;)
Edit: It seems that the 3rd edition is also available as a free download (although I wonder if the publisher knows that): https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-art-of-electronics-d33411099.html
  • SUPPORTER

willienillie

Quote from: antonis on May 29, 2019, 05:52:34 AM
P1 of C2 was connected to the emitter instead of the collector!
That's a very good chance to deal a bit with (misbiased) buffers (aka Common Collector amps aka Emitter followers..) :icon_wink:

LPB=Linear Power Buffer!