Sourcing parts in BANGLADESH?

Started by darron, June 28, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

I posted this in OT, but didn't get a response. Pretty important so hope it's cool to post again here:

does anybody have any experience with this?

i'm considering moving to Bangladesh and am having a lot of trouble considering where to get high quality parts.

i live in australia now. i get most components locally with hardware from small bear electronics in the states, and lots of speciality and bulk stuff from RS components. they have a branch in india but the "asian/other" section on their site goes nowhere.

and then, you have to pay tax i believe on everything that comes in? and additional delivery acceptance fees of some courtesy?

any advice would be great, thanks :)
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Cozybuilder

Is this to be a permanent move? If not, why not stock up on the Rs, Cs, diodes, pots etc now so you have enough to keep you busy for awhile. They don't take up that much room.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

darron

Quote from: Cozybuilder on June 29, 2015, 03:46:15 AM
Is this to be a permanent move? If not, why not stock up on the Rs, Cs, diodes, pots etc now so you have enough to keep you busy for awhile. They don't take up that much room.

The plan would be permanent yeah. And yeah, I'd stock up as much as I could on the regular bits to make maybe 100x pedals. But then I like getting in random odd bits here and there for playing. I was thinking maybe buy a bag of every resistor and capacitor value lol and then replenish as required.

I'm hoping I can still get small bear in for pots, switches etc. but i'd also be curios to know how the tax system works. we don't pay tax in australia for stuff coming in unless it's commercial imports etc.

also i keep getting told you need to pay to receive thing to the door and pay for deliveries on delivery with a sort of mandatory tipping system.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!