"dip" painting enclosures-- one question

Started by plexi12000, July 11, 2015, 09:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plexi12000

well....first off, thank God it's the w/e!  lol

gunna try my luck at dipping an enclosure. i was looking at some pics on here- wow.  some REALLY awesome jobs.  so i'm inspired-

read the geofex procedure, sounds good to me, so i'm goin with that.

just one question..... should i dip each side? or do you dip the whole damn enclosure?  or either?  i really don't feel like cleaning out the inside.

Thanks mates--

GibsonGM

You mean the psychedelic trick with oil paints, to make the swirl patterns - swirl painting?  If so, I 'sink' the box on a coat hanger thru a pot hole into the water...add the oil paints to the water surface to make my groovy pattern...then slowly lift the enclosure back up thru the paint. Just one time...the sides get it too, if you make the pattern pretty large.  Carefully place on newspaper to dry...this way, there is no paint on the inside.

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

plexi12000

yeah!  the psych-look!  totally awesome-

ok...just checkin if i hear you right.  you dip the whole thing in..and THEN drip your paint on the waters surface?

GibsonGM

Yup!!  Make a 'hook' out of a coat hanger, pass it thru a pot hole and use it as a "handle"....then add the paint, pull it up...all set!! :)   Pics or it didn't happen (lol)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

plexi12000

hahaha!!  aw, come on Gibby!  you KNOW it's gunna prolly suck!!!  lol

GibsonGM

No way, you got it!  My first try was...weird - so I quickly wiped it right off the box with a rag (the film is fragile)...then did it again, and it came out great.  Yours will too!
  • SUPPORTER