Parts question on the BYOC VB-2 project...

Started by gbkd80, July 04, 2016, 03:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbkd80

I just recently ordered a PCB from BYOC to do the VB-2 but decided to source and supply my own parts, since many of them I already have besides the specialty stuff...

I'm having trouble sourcing the transistors needed for the project.  I can get the BC550s at Mouser, but I couldn't find the 2SC945 or 2SA733.  I could attempt to find NTE equivalents at the (somewhat) local electronics supply store but I don't feel the trip is worth it to come up empty handed.  I ended up finding them at Futurlec and ordered them, only to have them take my money and not respond in 2 weeks about shipping status or anything.  So, rookie mistake, I ordered from a company that later on I found is not that reliable in terms of communication.  So I'll eat the $8 or whatever piddly amount it was in hopes of finding some quicker so I can finish my board.. I have everything else. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I might find those 2 trannies reliably?  Or if someone has an equivalent part# that we know for sure is the correct cross-reference part?  Would really appreciate it - thanks :)

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

chuckd666

I just read this via a Google link - "The 2SC1845 which the KSC1845 is a clone of, was often used in the same applications as 2SC945 back in its day."

Tbh I imagine you can probably use any standard transistor.... maybe even... the 2N5088. *DUN DUN DUN*

gbkd80

Cool, thanks guys... I emailed Tayda to see where they were out of because I didn't want the same situation as Futurlec, but I searched ebay and found some parts there and just bought 'em.  I haven't had any issues getting small components off ebay so far as long as they are from US sellers...

armdnrdy

Tayda ships from Colorado.

Standard shipping from order placement to receipt of merchandise usually takes about a week to California.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

gbkd80

Quote from: armdnrdy on July 05, 2016, 12:16:30 PM
Tayda ships from Colorado.

Standard shipping from order placement to receipt of merchandise usually takes about a week to California.

Yeah, I just found that out... the company is based in Thailand but they said most of the stuff ships out of the Colorado warehouse.

Well, that's still great to know I have a reliable resource.