Shin-Ei Companion - germanium version layout

Started by Bret608, September 10, 2015, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi everyone,

I was reading up on the germanium version of the Shin-Ei Companion and found this thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=99779.msg875738#msg875738

I was intrigued by luciferstrip's work on the circuit so thought I'd try a layout. Would anyone be able to take a look at this for me and make sure it looks like it would at least theoretically work? I would like to verify it as it's my first from-the-ground-up layout; just hoping for a reality check in the process!  ;)  Are the gains more forgiving than what I note here? Anyway, thanks in advance...

duck_arse

it looks to me to be tikkety-boo.

reading this thread I've just realised the fy2 Ge I made a while back is wired different, following a circuit posted by Mark Hammer.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Bret608

Thanks for the second look!  :)  Glad to hear it looks all set. The pot wiring is actually what had me worried as the schem in the thread I linked did not have the lugs numbered. I just looked at how the volume pot is wired on a Fuzz Face and worked my way back from there. Let me know if it looks a lot different.

I am embarrassed to say I had to Google tikkety-boo...!

Tony Forestiere

Quote from: Bret608 on September 11, 2015, 03:37:40 PM
I am embarrassed to say I had to Google tikkety-boo...!

Get used to it when this particular DA posts something. He speaks a language called "Strine"; a most perplexing tongue.  ;)
I had to googoo "Yabby" once. Only once.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

FuzzFanatic71

Why won't this @$&$ing thing work?

duck_arse

geeze, you blokes'll be lookin' up footie, soon. strike me pink!

bret - head over to geofex and read the secret life of pots, if you don't already have a local copy. it will tell you why you should call the lugs ccw/c(w)/cw instead of 1,2,3. ccw can never be confused, whereas my ones might be your twos.

I'll give you the drum.

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Bret608

I love this place; you can get a layout checked and a British Isles dialect lesson as well!  :D  I had a blast listening to folks speak when my wife and I visited Scotland. They were completely clear when speaking directly to us; when talking amongst themselves, I had a really hard time understanding! This kind of thing is why I love traveling...

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that article, DA...I clearly have not turned over as many rocks at Geofex as I imagined.

bluebunny

I think referring to Australia as one of the "British Isles" might be flame-bait!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Bret608

Yep! I did not realize right off what 'Strine was referring to...not enough coffee in me at that point in the morning!  :icon_redface:

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on September 15, 2015, 02:46:53 AM
I think referring to Australia as one of the "British Isles" might be flame-bait!   ;D

personally, I find it very hard to imagine any australian taking slight from such nonsense comments.