News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Boss PS-6 Problems

Started by latestsaint, September 22, 2015, 11:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

latestsaint

Hey there,

I recently acquired a non-working Boss PS-6 Harmonist.  I couldnt find any schematics with a web search, probably because it is all SMD and extremely digitized.  Signal passes through the pedal in bypass mode and when the pedal is engaged.  I tested at various knob settings, still with no luck.  the LED lights up and there is always a signal passing through, just no effect. 

Any ideas where to start debugging this thing? 

Thanks in advance!!!

Hatredman

You could start with the switching (bypass) circuit.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

adielricci

I bought the PS-6 a few years ago, and it has never left my basement floor, and never fell, or had any strong collision. A while ago it started working partially, the major and minor pitch shifting/voices stop working, as well as the octave up part of the S-bend funcion. All the other functions work perfectly. For it to start working again, the only way is to bump the pedal on the floor, as if there is something loose or a crystal stops working.  Any ideas?

iiimonfire

Quote from: adielricci on May 04, 2017, 03:10:14 PM
I bought the PS-6 a few years ago, and it has never left my basement floor, and never fell, or had any strong collision. A while ago it started working partially, the major and minor pitch shifting/voices stop working, as well as the octave up part of the S-bend funcion. All the other functions work perfectly. For it to start working again, the only way is to bump the pedal on the floor, as if there is something loose or a crystal stops working.  Any ideas?
I just got one cheap locally in the hopes that I could repair and flip it. It has the same problem you're describing. Were you able to find a solution?
Enjoy the ride. --B. Hicks

adielricci

I was able to fix mine partially, I had to change its mode switch for a potentiometer, 50k linear, if I can remember correctly. So far, it has been working fine.