Convert Fuzz Face on vero to 1 knob Fuzz

Started by m7b52000, June 20, 2021, 04:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m7b52000

This is the Bonamassa FF on vero. I want to make it a 1 knob fuzz as an experiment. Am I right in thinking that Fuzz 3 needs to be connected to Fuzz 2 and to ground via a 1k resistor?

Thanks

antonis

You do need 1k resistor from Q2 Emitter to GND (for proper bias)..
Connect that resistor between Fuzz 3 & 2, connect Fuzz 2 to GND and bring 10R resistor upper leg to Q2 Emitter/Fuzz 3..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

m7b52000

Maybe but what is wrong with my plan? Fuzz 3, from Q2 E, would be connected to ground via the 1k resistor (fuzz full on). Fuzz is already connected to ground via the 10 R and the 22Uf cap and, if fuzz is full on, is effectively connected to Q2 E before the 1k resistor?

duck_arse

as antonis always sez, is there a circuit diagram? it would make everything easier to visualise. well, not visualise, it would be there visible.
don't make me draw another line.

antonis

Quote from: m7b52000 on June 20, 2021, 07:28:06 AM
Maybe but what is wrong with my plan? Fuzz 3, from Q2 E, would be connected to ground via the 1k resistor (fuzz full on). Fuzz is already connected to ground via the 10 R and the 22Uf cap and, if fuzz is full on, is effectively connected to Q2 E before the 1k resistor?

Connect 1k // (10R + 22μF cap) between Q2 Emitter and GND..
That's all..!!
(in case of full gain not desired, split 1k resistor into 180R + 820R, or so, and connect 10R + 22μF on their junction..)

P.S.
Maybe I can't get your plan..
Do you want to delete Fuzz pot, or not..??
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

m7b52000

Yes I am aiming to dispose of the fuzz control. I understand the circuit. My question was about the simplest way to modify the vero version. I think you are agreeing with me. To repeat, using the vero version in the original post, I plan to attach Fuzz 3 to gnd via a 1k resistor. This will be the equivalent of fuzz fully on. The junction of Fuzz 3 and the 1k resistor will be connected to Fuzz 2 which already leads to gnd via the series 10R and 22u.

Here is the schematic. Fuzz 3 on the vero is from Q2 E.

Rob Strand

QuoteYes I am aiming to dispose of the fuzz control. I understand the circuit. My question was about the simplest way to modify the vero version. I think you are agreeing with me. To repeat, using the vero version in the original post, I plan to attach Fuzz 3 to gnd via a 1k resistor. This will be the equivalent of fuzz fully on. The junction of Fuzz 3 and the 1k resistor will be connected to Fuzz 2 which already leads to gnd via the series 10R and 22u.
Yep, that's it.

Just like redrawing the schematic with the pot arrow permanently wired to the top of the 1k pot.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.