GT3A transistors, anybody heard of these?

Started by Guurf2, November 08, 2017, 01:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guurf2

Hi Everyone,
My name is Guy and i'm new here  :)

Anyway, i've been getting some Germanium transistors and experimenting with them in Fuzz Face \ Rangemaster circuits.
Today i found at the local store (carries all sorts of cool Ge transistors) a kind of transistor called GT3A.
Got & tested one and it showed around 50 hfe, and really low leakage (around 30цa) - nice for my purposes. So i bought 10 of them.
So iv'e been looking these up online and couldn't find anything, no datasheet, none on ebay/smallbear, zero info.
The gain & leakage got me thinking that they might be Ge's from a later production - soviet or chinese but i haven't got a clue.
Anybody knows these? Got some info?
Would like to hear anything known about these.

Thanks everyone!

Guy F.

stallik

Welcome to the forum Guy. I can't be any help identifying the transistors but I'm really keen to know where in the world you can still get them in a local store?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Guurf2

Quote from: stallik on November 08, 2017, 05:37:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Guy. I can't be any help identifying the transistors but I'm really keen to know where in the world you can still get them in a local store?

This store is actually selling out all it's remaining Ge's (i bought most of them LOL) and other old devices that aren't in current production like old tubes and even old brown resistors.
She (store's owned by an old lady) also has new stuff but i mainly come there for the Ge's. i bought all the AC128s that were left and a lot of AC127s, 2SB22\370\75s,some AC188, Those TG3A, some AC125 (BEL and Tungsram), and old metal case Si - Bc108\108a, Bc109s.

it is in Israel  :)

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Guurf2

There is a certain similarity but These are TG3A, The ones i got are GT3A.
Thanks anyway!

Guurf2

Quote from: Guurf2 on November 08, 2017, 01:47:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Guy and i'm new here  :)

Anyway, i've been getting some Germanium transistors and experimenting with them in Fuzz Face \ Rangemaster circuits.
Today i found at the local store (carries all sorts of cool Ge transistors) a kind of transistor called GT3A.
Got & tested one and it showed around 50 hfe, and really low leakage (around 30цa) - nice for my purposes. So i bought 10 of them.
So iv'e been looking these up online and couldn't find anything, no datasheet, none on ebay/smallbear, zero info.
The gain & leakage got me thinking that they might be Ge's from a later production - soviet or chinese but i haven't got a clue.
Anybody knows these? Got some info?
Would like to hear anything known about these.

Thanks everyone!

Guy F.

Still trying,
Does anybody know these?