Wood finish enclosures

Started by jez79, November 10, 2015, 09:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

I'll skin that cat and still end up with the bloody fleas!

thanks fella's, but don't listen to cozy, there is no lizard. well, a bluetounge in the backyard.

I thought I'd wrecked the side panels by taking too much wood while shaping. when I put em with the bare metal, they looked pretty good, an nice form and line. then the fluff arrived ...... goodbye sleek lines.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Cozybuilder

Someone from Texas might be able to help out (JDansti?) with a unique armored pelt, often found along the roadways there. I'm betting you could make something fantastic with it. :icon_twisted:
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

duck_arse

after dealing with that fluff, I think I'm up to the task; send me Trump's head, I'll do summink w/ his "hair".

Hatredman

Quote from: antonis on November 12, 2015, 10:34:01 AM

Ephemeral Government: The Hellenic Democracy

Another good name for a pedal.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Unlikekurt

I posted these over in the pictures forum, but thought it might be appropriate to double post in here as well?

Made a few pedal boxes out of black walnut.  They're overdrives - i think the topography gives away which overdrives...

vigilante397

Quote from: Unlikekurt on March 20, 2016, 06:11:22 PM
They're overdrives - i think the topography gives away which overdrives...

Combination of the topography and the choice of knobs  8) Really great looking builds though.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

duck_arse

ahh, geeze, like I needed two more reasons to stop making pedals. those are something special.

janoacevedo

These are my wood enclosured pedals called HUMBOLDT PEDALS

DEMOS:

WEB:
http://humboldtpedals.com/

duck_arse

this is my guzz fase. it has wooden end-covers.

there is more pics, including the all important guts, in this here bukkett:
http://imgur.com/a/XH0eZ

and a note to the stylemeisters: you are all off the list, it's just nathan from now on. (see his webpage for why.)

[edit :] from this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=111894.0

Kipper4

Very nice work Stephen. I'm defo off the list.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

GiovannyS10

Really i very good work. Now you can delete from the list too, oh big master of the style.  8)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

Magnus

Hello,
here's my "Woodface", a Fuzz Face-clone with some mods...

Glued a bookmatched veneer on it.

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Pettol

So many cool builds here!

The Woodface is beautiful Magnus!

runmikeyrun

Many moons ago (2006?) I built a sweepable band pass filter with a switchable schottkey diode for an old-time radio effect.  I can't remember which forum member etched my boards and which one did the enclosures but I did a small run and they turned out super nice.  Wish I would have kept one.

Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

duck_arse

it's always nice to have wood, eh.

pgorey

Ha!  That cat fuzz is pretty funny.  The OCD clone is really nicely executed.  Looks great and I bet it sounds awesome.

duck_arse

back when we moved into this house in the 60's, there was a gum tree growing in the chook-yard, which blew down (the tree, not the chook house) in a storm sometime early 80's. it seems my old man had select logs "run through a saw", which were then left under the house to season, for what future use I don't know.

skip ahead to late last year, my sister is looking for woody things to throw out before the termites can eat them, and she finds the last usable sized log under the house. which I then rescue, saying you can't chuck that, I'll build something from it.

so I did - a Bosstone fuzz, Nashville version. here it is (sitting on the planks it was cut from), a chunk of gum stuck in a cut-down Horwood aluminium extrusion, oiled with turps and linseed, airbrushed w/ acrylics, styled by Larry and Mike of the "second style council". (undetectably wedged in three different places) it came out looking ok, if somewhat unspectacular, even sounds pretty good. if I was paid per fcuk-up, I'd be rich just from this one build.

those wishing to see the guts mess and some more pics can follow through to the imgur page.

http://imgur.com/a/o165x

thermionix

storyboardist

Quote from: duck_arse on June 08, 2017, 10:53:42 AM
back when we moved into this house in the 60's, there was a gum tree growing in the chook-yard, which blew down (the tree, not the chook house) in a storm sometime early 80's. it seems my old man had select logs "run through a saw", which were then left under the house to season, for what future use I don't know.

skip ahead to late last year, my sister is looking for woody things to throw out before the termites can eat them, and she finds the last usable sized log under the house. which I then rescue, saying you can't chuck that, I'll build something from it.

so I did - a Bosstone fuzz, Nashville version. here it is (sitting on the planks it was cut from), a chunk of gum stuck in a cut-down Horwood aluminium extrusion, oiled with turps and linseed, airbrushed w/ acrylics, styled by Larry and Mike of the "second style council". (undetectably wedged in three different places) it came out looking ok, if somewhat unspectacular, even sounds pretty good. if I was paid per fcuk-up, I'd be rich just from this one build.

those wishing to see the guts mess and some more pics can follow through to the imgur page.

http://imgur.com/a/o165x

Beautiful build. That enclosure is fantastic!

duck_arse

thanks, sofa - what you can hide is what you can get away with, I find.