Flanger speed control not working

Started by djg413, December 01, 2015, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djg413

***PROBLEM FIXED***
Boy, do I feel foolish! Turns out, when I changed the knob layout in the new enclosure to fit my preference, I had labeled the board backwards, and therefore connected the leads to the wrong value pots. Had the pots all been the same value, it wouldn't have mattered, the controls would have just not been where I wanted them. And the terminal on the speed pot, that appeared to go to nowhere, did just that. It's just a variable resistor, not sure why it was originally soldered to the board.

Hey guys. While I'm not new to modding, and building kit pedals I am new to the forum. I had an old Danelectro Fab Flange pedal, on which I did the "Space Mod", which can be found here.. http://ketchupfeet.blogspot.com/2011/12/fab-flange-space-mod.html
Worked fine, so fine that I decided to do a re-housing of the pedal. While I was de-soldering the speed pot (B350K), I accidentally pulled a couple of grommets from the PC board. One of the two seems to go nowhere. The other, I ran the wire through, scratched the lead, and bridged the solder, so there's no problem there. If I turn it full CCW, and then go full CW a second later it will begin to fade into modulation, but a reduction in speed kills the modulation completely. Sort of seems like whatever chip controls the modulation may not be getting proper voltage?  I'll be completely honest, my knowledge on this stuff doesn't go much past knowing how to read schematics and soldering. I don't really know what controls what, so it's hard for me to even guess as to what the problem could be. I've tried soldering a test probe to the terminal on the pot that appears to go to nowhere and poking around the board, but had no luck so far. Anyone have any ideas?