EHX Small Stone Issue J - Boss type 9v jack

Started by livinlavidaloca, December 07, 2015, 07:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livinlavidaloca

I have a v2 EHX SS (issue J board) that I want to mod for a 'standard' 9V jack. Where do I make the connections? Thanks a lot!

chuckd666

So you got the standard jack right? With connections like this: http://www.synthrotek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/power_supplies.jpg

You'll want the one on the right because most power supplies are centre negative - so put the black lead on the lug marked 'P', and put the red lead on the lug marked 'S'. Make sense?

livinlavidaloca

Thanks for your answer! The original 1/8'' was connected with only one wire to the board and I guess it was grounded via the enclosure? So my question basically is where to make the ground connection on an old Small Stone so that it will work properly?

chuckd666

Quote from: livinlavidaloca on December 09, 2015, 05:23:20 AM
Thanks for your answer! The original 1/8'' was connected with only one wire to the board and I guess it was grounded via the enclosure? So my question basically is where to make the ground connection on an old Small Stone so that it will work properly?

Sorry bud. If you find a schematic you should be able to easily find a ground trace on the pcb which you can solder a wire from your 9V tip (negative) to the board. Alternatively, you could probably just solder a wire to a sleeve of your input or output jack.

cctsim