Firefly Rev8 PCB Etching Templates

Started by Boobslappy, July 29, 2011, 12:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boobslappy

Here are some etching templates for the Firefly rev8 PCB.  It consists of the top and bottom layers and the silkscreen.  Open the .pdf and print without any scaling.  Let me know if you have any issues.  I have yet to etch this but on paper the dimensions match the .pcb file within .01" inches.

http://www.mediafire.com/?orotp09mrbc9g41

Boobslappy

Here is my attempt at an Eagle Copy.   I'll eventually get this into gerbers and publish this so we aren't stuck with Express PCB.  My biggest concern is the footprint for the pots? they seem larger than the actual rev8 board. Feedback is appreciated.

iccaros

I will see If I can get a good etch, and will report back to you

defaced

Are those pots from the GM library?  I think they're 16mm pots, but I'd have to check when I get home. 
-Mike

Boobslappy

Yeah i  pulled them from the gm library so they should be 16mm.  I guess the original board used smaller pots?   I was thinking of putting an optional 500K volume pot (in place of R12) in between the existing 2 pots but it seems like it would really limit the knob size so I figure it can be wired off board.  Other than that, anybody had any luck with the brightness "BRT" capacitor?  I was thinking maybe having a rotary switch or variable capacitor to allow selection of multiple values.  I

ccaros let me know how the etch goes, I'm gonna try etching two single sided boards and epoxying them together. 

iccaros

I was going to use the laserjet method for one side, drill and then  I have some rub on traces  for the other side, so I will let you know

Boobslappy

This is the eagle .brd file so you can modify it and make your own gerbers.  Of course this is untested but all the traces and main components match the original  

http://www.mediafire.com/?0fv48iw422w4ci3

MrBeta

Any chance at getting a copy of the files for ExpressPCB? I know most people shun it but I don't have a license for anything else and I'm already familiar with it.
I thought the pcb files were up for a while before but maybe I was mistaken.

I'm getting ready to etch a board myself and am considering planning for some of the mods for this amp.

Thumbs up for your hard work.

aballen

anyone know where I can get a copy of the eagle files.  The link in this thread appears broken.  I can get my own PCB s made, but I would really like to start with a tested and verified .brd file.

That said, I can probably order a batch of them if anyone else is interested.
So many builds, I just can't list them anymore.

defaced

I just downloaded the link without any issue.  It is simply a PDF of the top and bottom copper layers, so it would not be suitable for most professional PCB manufacturers which require Gerber files. 
-Mike

vizcities

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Eagle files for this?  Unsurprisingly, they're no longer on Mediafire.

mth5044

If anyone does get a hold of them, you are going to need to change those pad sizes if you're planning on sending them off anywhere. Caps, resistors, pots are all much much to small. I suspect that back in 2011 there weren't many small batch PCB order services around, but you have to be careful here in future world.

danielzink

I've got the (v8) ExpressPCB file if it helps.

Dan

vigilante397

I'm replying here mostly so I don't misplace this thread. I'm thinking about building a Firefly so I'll probably re-do the layout (on Diptrace, my favorite) and I can post the layout and if I get really motivated I might even send off for fabrication.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com