Killdrying a Digitech DL8 Delay

Started by sha33, February 18, 2016, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sha33

Hi everyone.

I am running a Digitech DL8  delay. I found a schematic on the web, wich shows a track to cut to killdry one of the channel delay. Iv' done it, it works ! But since i run this delay stereo now, the second channel is not Killdriyed. The website says the second channel can't be killdried, but what is going to happen if i cut the track at the same place : The RED mark shows the original cut on the first channnel, wich works, the green one is where i would like to cut, to killdry the second channel.

Thanks guys.

vigilante397

I see absolutely no reason that shouldn't work.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

slacker

The guy who did the mod is a member here so you could try asking him, like Nathan I can't see why it wouldn't work though.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108536.0

sha33

It's ok ! The guy answered me, it wasn't him who was the founder of this mod, but i did contact Riot, who answered me tht it would work.

Now i have many things to set up !  :) :)

Thanks for your answers !

greymedicine

Why cut the tracks (permanently damaging the pedal) when you can replace C13 with a solder blob? That'll keep Q2/Q5 closed, dry killed, and the mod will be reversible. You could even do this dry kill with a dedicated SPST switch connected to ground.