Wah Distortion Pro II Bass Mod Output Issue

Started by maunez16, March 15, 2016, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maunez16

Sup guys!!!
I really hope you could help me a little, please.
http://www.morleypedals.com/pdw-iies.pdf
I just went through a mod, got my answer here and that was a couple months back when i was starting to understand what to do to get some bassy sound out of those treeble bleeders.
The thing is that now i can barelly get a boost from it, theres not much output power, i need to get almost all the gain to take it to the normal output level of my passive bass :icon_eek:.

The mod will be described here:
c3: .047 uf
c4: 4.7n
c6:.01u
c23:2.2n
D2 - D2: BAT85 - 1N4001
c16:.047uf
An important fact: Everything i changed was a 1/2 volt :)
Thanks guuys !!!

GibsonGM

Hi Maunez,

Sorry bud, but there really isn't enough info there to tell you where to look!  If you replaced those parts correctly, there shouldn't be much change in the circuit other than what you wanted (more bass).   I see nothing there that should lower the output.

What this suggests is that maybe one of the parts you changed, or one near it, has a bad solder joint, or got fried when you soldered.
Maybe. It's going to take some looking into.

What does "everything I changed was 1/2 volt" mean?

What I'd do is make an audio probe and try to work my way into the circuit.   Do you have enough electronics background to translate that schematic to the actual effect pins??

Good luck!   Welcome to the forum....start to work the problem, we'll help....
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

maunez16

Thanks, its admirable the way u wanna share knowledge. Srsly :)
Thanks for atending my question, i follow just what u said bout soldering, because im noob so it was an obvious reason for me to start re-doing some stuff... saw couple tutorials and just re-solder as fast as i could. And there it is, it sounds great, it went as loud as it was before, with a heavy low end kinda fuzz, thanks to you and Transmogrifox for helping me. Ill do my best and try too learn as much as i can from you all.
I you want to listen with a video or some pics of it lemme know, i took some before it got fixed so i coud see with more clarity what was wrong.
:icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: ;D ;D ;D