Bypassing Danelectro Switch

Started by Zounds!, March 26, 2016, 04:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zounds!

I have a Danelectro Fish'n'Chips EQ that I'd like to have turn on when I power it up (currently powers up in bypass mode). I thought I could accomplish this by rewiring the switch, as there are only two wires going to the switch board. Shorting them turns the effect on, breaking the connection turns it off...or so I thought. I hardwired the pedal on, which worked for a few minutes. I powered it off, came back an hour later and the pedal is off (and of course the switch doesn't function)! What is the proper way to rewire this thing? Seems like it has a mind of its own... Is there a way to have the effect either power up in "on" mode or be hardwired to "on" mode without messing with the SMD components?

GibsonGM

If it's like a Boss, that way won't work, dude.    Try to find an actual schematic of the pedal, if you would.  Then we can see if they're using a flip flop circuit to switch...bet they are.      That would mean having to mess around with the board, yup...might be easier to put it back how it was  ;) 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Zounds!

Damn! Guess I read some bad info somewhere suggesting that would work. Looking at a few other Danelectro schematics I see the 4013 so it looks like you're right.

GibsonGM

It's a neat way of switching for sure, but I like mechanical myself! You COULD jimmy the thing, but you might wreck it...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...