Diode Compression Opamp PCB

Started by Macro_Ninjaneer, March 28, 2016, 12:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macro_Ninjaneer

Hey guys,

First post here. I saw the diode-compression opamp and decided to make a small PCB version. Here is an image:

I wanted to make the PCB such that it fits into a standard DIP-8 package so it can directly replace a TL071 style opamp.

So far I have just done simple tests and everything looks like its working well. I want to build up a tubescreamer clone soon and use this opamp.

I ordered the board through macrofab.com (I work as an engineer there). The whole board assembled cost less than $10 not including shipping. Assuming the tube screamer works out I have plans to make a second version that has two of these opamps so I can use it as a drop in replacement for the standard dual-style packages like the TL082 or NE4558.

Joe

This is really awesome, I intended to do a similar project years ago but never got around to it. I might suggest posting this on the main forum, otherwise nobody will ever see it.

Macro_Ninjaneer

I got the parts to build a tube screamer with this. Ill be assembling it tomorrow and ill post the results in main when its done.

Suicufnoc

How'd it go?  If you ever do the dual version, I may be interested in a few.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can get you shot

askwho69

Quote from: Zose on October 24, 2016, 03:12:35 AM
Quote from: Suicufnoc on August 01, 2016, 07:52:17 PM
How'd it go?  If you ever do the dual version, I may be interested in a few.

Same here.
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"To live is to die"

eddie_bowers

Same Here. I just ran across this thread and I'm very interested in trying this out in just about everything that uses an op-amp just to see what happens :)

KR Audio