Please help identify these old (transistors?)

Started by Jamdog, April 20, 2016, 08:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamdog

I got a bunch of those in an old avionics equipment.  I can't say for sure but can assume it's in working order.
They are likely from the 70s

Some have the GE logo,  and the only indications I can find are M-75522-1, M-75523-1, M-75524-1, M-75525-1,  M-75528-1 and M-75529-1 depending which one.  Also all have GE 613 inscription.  The majority is M-75522-1.

I can't seem to find datasheets for those old parts.
I'd be interested in using them to get some unique sound,  if anyone has ideas I am all ears.
-Jamdog

tonyharker

The M-7552x-x numbers I suspect are date codes.  The GE613 will be the type number. Probably 2n613s Germanium PNP devices. Are they PNP Germaniums?? Have you tested them?

Jamdog

It's very well possible.  I didn't think about date codes and came back empty from my Google search.  I've been suspecting pnp transistor,  but am unsure of pinout.

I don't quite know how to test them,  in fact.
-Jamdog

Jamdog

Quick search seem to point that 2n613 are germanium npn
-Jamdog

Blitz Krieg

amptramp

Quote from: Blitz Krieg on April 21, 2016, 02:23:27 AM
Ge NPN or G E NPN ?

The diode setting on your DMM will tell you which it is.  Junction voltages in the 0.2 to 0.4 range mean germanium.  0.5 to 0.7 means silicon.

duck_arse

it's interesting (!) that these have an emitter tag, but a centre leg to case, from appearances. on some of them. russian-style connection?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Jamdog

Quote from: amptramp on April 21, 2016, 10:01:54 AM

The diode setting on your DMM will tell you which it is.  Junction voltages in the 0.2 to 0.4 range mean germanium.  0.5 to 0.7 means silicon.

Negative at the base,  that means they are Pnp?
I read between 180 and 190 mili

Except the one with a different casing,  that reads around 790 mili and positive at the base.  I bet that's why the avionics instrument was considered to be defective: totally wrong replacement!

I whish I'd have kept the transistor sockets...

Anyway,  I believe they are functional PNP germanium GE transistors.

What's the best sounding circuit to do with this?
-Jamdog

Jamdog

Quote from: Jamdog on April 21, 2016, 10:13:37 PM
Anyway,  I believe they are functional PNP germanium GE transistors.

What's the best sounding circuit to do with this?

I am thinking of making a fuzz face,  where should I look for PCBs?

(or should I favor a tone bender?)
-Jamdog