<SOLVED>Instant loss of power PLEASE HELP!!!

Started by YantisOm, May 03, 2016, 08:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YantisOm

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting properly.

I added a mid boost to my Big Muff Pi and everything worked fine out of the case. I had some trouble drilling into the stainless enclosure but after a few days I got it down, but NOW the power is acting up. Brand new 9V powers other pedals without issue. What happens is the power will come on when I plug up my guitar, but it immediately drains to nothing. The only way to get it to make sound again is to unplug/plug my guitar back in only
To have it drain once more. The foot switch works I know because when off bypass is functional.

There are no visible issues such as bad solder joints or loose wire connections.
Thank you for your time!

aron

Check the wiring of the input switch? That is weird.

R.G.

It is very likely that your wiring to the DC power socket is incorrect, or that you used a NON-isolated DC power socket in your case.

Use your meter to measure what voltage is where on that wiring.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

YantisOm

I'm sorry, I should have specified it's a 9V battery. the dc jack was untouched. However, I did as you recommended and checked all my wires to find that my input cable was the culprit. It was shorting and turning off the pedal...  Thanks for your help!