Help: Tonecity golden plexi

Started by Marty1, June 25, 2016, 12:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty1

Hi all,
I recently got a Tonecity golden plexi in a trade and I love the drive sound. The only thing I don't like is that it has barely any low end. I did a search, but I can't find any mods online for this pedal. I've been stacking it with a TS9dx on the + or Hot setting to add some low end, which is working, but I'm wondering if there is a way to mod it to have a bit more so that I can use it as a stand alone OD (to free up my TS9)...

I should mention, I'm just learning to mod pedals. I've wired guitars and fixed pedals but never modded before... So if you do have a mod, please explain it for a DIY noob....
Thanks in advance!

DekkerFuzz

Increase the input and output caps, if you find a schematic look for the larger capacitor connected to the tone pot and increase its value. do these mods one at a time and im snhfbacure you'll get more bass out of it.

antonis

I think OP's single post over 6 years ago might ensure you for a fallen on deaf ears answer.. :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

GibsonGM

But very helpful of you, Dekker!! :)  Welcome.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...