Correct FS for Expression Router (total beginner)

Started by colinfilanigan, July 05, 2016, 02:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinfilanigan

Hey y'all.
First time poster here, but I'm hoping someone can help me get started on the project I want to build.

I'm hoping to build a routing box for my expression pedal that helps me to save a preset. Sharing a picture might make more sense than trying to type it out, so you can see my loose diagram attached.

In position 1 for the footswitch, the knob in the center takes over for the expression pedal, essentially making the knob a "preset."
In position 2 (when the footswitch is stepped on), the knob is disengaged and the expression pedal (plugged into the "IN" jack) takes over.

My main question is this: what kind of footswitch do I need to be using for this? DPDT? 4PDT? I'm a total newbie and this will be the first box I've ever built. Eventually I'd like to expand this concept so that I can route my expression pedal to a few other ones on my board as well, so any input on what switches would be best to be able to do that would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

PRR

Welcome.

> diagram attached.

The URL appears to point to a Google Mailbox, which is surely private. Probably you can see into it; nobody else can. Just a blank space here.

These threads may help:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=88022.msg741554#msg741554

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=113366.0
  • SUPPORTER

Hemmel

Paul beat me to it.

+1 on TinyPic, also Imgur which is nice and no need to register either.
After uploading, simply copy the provided "Forum" link into your message on this board.
Bââââ.

colinfilanigan

Thanks, dudes. I feel dumb about that now – it has been a while since I've been an active member of a forum like this.

Here's that image again, and I'll repeat the description beneath:

In position 1 for the footswitch, the knob in the center takes over for the expression pedal, essentially making the knob a "preset."
In position 2 (when the footswitch is stepped on), the knob is disengaged and the expression pedal (plugged into the "IN" jack) takes over.

My main question is this: what kind of footswitch do I need to be using for this? DPDT? 4PDT? I'm a total newbie and this will be the first box I've ever built. Eventually I'd like to expand this concept so that I can route my expression pedal to a few other ones on my board as well, so any input on what switches would be best to be able to do that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for abiding what are probably dumb questions, poor drawings, and photo posting fails.

PRR

• SUPPORTER