Author Topic: Mxr 10 band eq issues  (Read 1566 times)

Byrno76

Mxr 10 band eq issues
« on: September 06, 2016, 03:37:39 AM »
Hello and thanks for letting me join. Hopefully i have posted this question in the right forum.

I have a second mxr 10 band eq that i got cheap, however when it is off no signal is getting thru. It works fine when it is on. i have tried it with different cables and checked the power.

I am an noob when it comes to this sort of thing but i want to try and fix it myself. Any help and advice would be very welcome.

Christian

robthequiet

Re: Mxr 10 band eq issues
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »
1) Do you have an electronic multi-meter and a soldering iron?
2) Could you possibly remove the bottom cover and take a photo of the inside part of the on/off switch?

You have to post the photo on the web somewhere, such as on imgur or flickr, then put a link to it in your post. Let me know if you have any questions about any of this. We're looking for loose wires on the switch, before anything else.

wavley

Re: Mxr 10 band eq issues
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
I just brought my old blue 10 band back to life, the power supply caps and a couple op amps went south on me.

This post might get a little more attention if it were in the "Building your own stompbox" category as opposed to the Digital & DSP because this is an analog pedal (unless it's a newer one and they're for some reason digital)

Pictures will help.

Check out the Debugging page and post some pictures and voltages when you get a chance, folks here will certainly help all we can.

Welcome to the forum!
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com