Introduction - Pedal Parts Plus

Started by tickfawriver, September 13, 2016, 01:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I think at the very least you need to compete with Hammond themselves for some of the basic colors on price. Almost $20 for a black or white enclosure and you might as well not carry those colors at al.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

pickdropper

Quote from: desmondtencents on September 28, 2016, 09:28:41 AM
Made my way to this post from a link over at the Madbean forum.

I can completely understand the need to increase prices to cover the labor involved in "one-offs"
The thing that bummed me out was that I would have to pay a standard paint charge of $8.95 for a white 1590B

Do you think it might be possible to stock a few "standard" enclosures in "standard" colors for a bit less $$
I'm thinking 1590A, 1590B, 125B, 1590BB and offering white, black, red, blue and yellow. Maybe even adding some green, orange and purple. If you have the shelf space to stock them, they could be done in batches of at least 20 to make it worth your while.
I'm sure this wouldn't make sense for some of the more unique colors/finishes. But for some basics, I think they'd sell fast enough to justify it.....?

Just a thought. Like I said, I understand you have associated costs in running your business.
I'm sure the good people of the DIY community will continue to support you as long as you're providing good products and services.
Glad to hear about all of the things you're working on and your commitment to improvement!

I think this makes a lot of sense.  Having a standard line of popular enclosures and finishes would allow for batch runs in order to keep pricing down.

I completely understand the need to be profitable and how one-offs could be more trouble than they are worth.  Drilled and printed enclosures are an obvious case where setup is involved and it could easily be a losing proposition if a single enclosure is ordered.

I'll admit that I don't quite follow the cost structure for the finished enclosures:

1.)  Enclosures: standard quantity discount.  This makes perfect sense.

2.)  Enclosure Finishing: quantity discount according to finish type.  Theoretically, I could order 10 boxes with 10 different colors and get the 10 pc discount even though the colors aren't gang run.  Conversely, if I want different sized enclosures with the same powder coat, there is no way to get quantity pricing.  Also, if I want to order 10 pcs of the 1590bb enclosure and I want 9 pcs with a standard finish and 1 pc with a custom finish, there is no discount, even if some colors are repeated.

Maybe it would make sense to consider something like Small Bear does with their potentiometer pricing.  The quantity discount applies to different values of the same pot.  Maybe there could be a way with the new website to setup discounts according to total enclosures ordered, even if they are different sizes.  The real labor is the finishing, not the enclosures themselves.

desmondtencents

Looks like they're working on something good over there!
I'm interested to see what starts popping up on this page........

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PPP&Category_Code=EncPS

Mgt280y

Just looked at the site need to get a 4site 1032L or similar for a looper project, but when I look on ppp the unfinished 4site 1032L is $12.95 but postage to U.K. Is $53.65 anyone got any suggestions

wavley

I recently got a few parts that I needed, not much and nothing special, but they came quickly and contained Jolly Ranchers!

Can't ask for much more than prompt shipping and having the parts I needed, thanks guys!
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Benoi31

Good idea to start this thread :)

My experience with pedalpartsplus has overall been great!
I just passed a large order (100+ enclosures), and customer service has been incredibly fast each time.
Enclosures are really beautiful, and the UV print just look gorgeous

I think it is a very good idea to renew the website.
Navigation is not always easy there, and the system with colors (picking, the enclosure, then the charge, then the color...) is not always easy.
Mammoth has quite a simple system for that, I think if you implement this kind of system it would be really easie

jalmonsalmon

25 minimum for enclosures now???

Yikes!.. sorry for bumping up an old thread but just saying!