some questions around the Belton BTDR-3H

Started by sbirkenstock, October 05, 2016, 10:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbirkenstock

Hi Everybody,

got my Belton BTDR-3H running, worked kind of right away :-)
Still some questions:

a) you can adjust the decay time with a stereo 10k linear pot
I could not find any....
Can you tell me where I can buy those?

b) I want to have a swellling (tremolo) on the reverb signal only.
Is there an easy way to add that?

c) are there any alternatives to Belton Reverb Bricks (that include adjustable decay)?
I could not find any chips to buy like from Lexicon. (I do like the Polara Pedal though)
I´m looking for high end rather than cheap.

d) my favorite reverb pedal is a GLab DR-3. Does anybody know which chip this one uses?

Best regards,

Stephan

dbp512

A) build your own clone has some dual gang pots, including a b10k.

B) Not sure, look up a simple trem design and see if you can't stick it after the brick, before the mixer (assuming the mixer isn't in the brick)

C) I like the polara too; enough to not have bothered trying to DIY my own since it wouldn't be as feature-packed as that little digitech.

D) maybe someone else can help you with this one too.

I'm not much help, but I figured I'd at least add what I can (which is pretty much just where to source dual gang pots)
Dave's not here, man

On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio
- Hunter S. Thompson

samhay

To add to point A, you can use 2 pots (although the most useful effect seems mostly to be when they are of similar resistance).
Also, if you want more depth, you can use a bigger pot - I recommend a log taper 100k dual-gang depth pot.

B - yes, this would be relatively easy. Splice your favorite tremolo between the input buffer and the BTDR-3 input.

C - you could look into the FV-1. It is more work to implement, but much more versatile.

D - no idea, but it claims to be analog, and if this is really true, then it must use BBD's.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

sbirkenstock

Thank you very much guys.
I found a tremolo circuit that looks pretty close to a Fender Blackface one.
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/effects-projects/tremolo/ea-tremolo/

byoc has the dual 10K available and I ordered a couple :-)

Thanks for the Spin FV-1 info.
Obviously this one is pretty wide spead, several vendors. I wonder, why I did not find that before or I was probably afraid of the SMD. Just saw that there are adapters available :-)

What are BBD´s??
Any other hints / info on analog Reverb?