Electric Druid Flangelicious : top-down / bottom-up switch [solved]

Started by eh la bas ma, June 02, 2021, 12:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eh la bas ma

Hello,

I am going to build the experimental version of the Flangelicious (pcb reads "Rev.4").

https://electricdruid.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FlangeliciousConstructionGuide.pdf

On instructions (p.10) : "The MULTI FLANGE chip offers the option of top-down or bottom-up flanging. The switch could be a slide or toggle, or could be added as a footswitch. The switch should be latching"

I can't find any instructions about how to build this mod. I have an extra On/off SPDT, and one On/off/On DPDT. How should I proceed ?

Thank you for your help.
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

ElectricDruid

Ooh ooh ooh! I know the answer to this one! <hand shoots up>

There's a pair of pads marked "Tap" and "gnd" over in the bottom right corner of the PCB, shown here:

A switch that connects those two pins flips the chip into the other mode (I can't remember if it does top-down or bottom-up as the default). Two of the pins of your SPDT would be fine (the common pin and one of the other two).

Good luck!