Germanium Diodes - Maplin UK

Started by slashandburn, November 21, 2016, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slashandburn

Before anyone gets their hope up, these are pricey even for Maplin's standards. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but they stock the OA90 Ge diode in every store within a 100 miles radius of me. 

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/oa90-10ma-signal-diode-qh71n

I doubt I'll be buying any at that price (I have a feeling a bought one, a while ago and misplaced it before it was put to any use.  Or broke it. Ge's are pretty fragile.)  I was surprised to see that these are available right there on the high street.

The OA90 doesn't get a lot of love around these parts. Maybe there is good reason for this, hopefully someone will interject if thats the case. It looks like a viable alternative to me for most of our purposes. (though at that price, personally I'd be waiting out mail order for something cheaper or making do with schottky or something)

Just incase it helps someone (with deep pockets) in a rush to finish a build.  I figured people might not be aware its right there under our noses because nobody talks about the OA90, so no one looks for it!

Edit:  Ah crap. Sorry! Didnt mean to post in the pictures section. Can a mod move or delete this as they see appropriate?  Cheers