Author Topic: Can I make this less noisy?  (Read 2267 times)

DeusM

Can I make this less noisy?
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum. Found a lot of cool stuff. I just made my first prototype of a fuzz pedal and I'm actually surprised it worked. I made it work into the breadboard but I noticed that it made lots of noise. Could it be because I didn't used a metal case? Also, I'm new into electronics so I'm pretty confused about conventional current flow and electron flow and why is the negative side connected to the ground if the electrons go through that way.

Here is a simple schematic of the circuit. I did it like in the picture without the switch and the pots.

It's not the amps that kills you. It's the "mojo"

smallbearelec

Re: Can I make this less noisy?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 12:57:28 AM »
Glad you have something working. This is a good type of circuit for a first build. Yes, it will be quieter when you put it in a metal enclosure.

You have a breadboard, so spend a few cents on a few additional parts and set up the Ursa Minor. See the thread I started on this board:

"Re-thinking The Ursa Minor Breadboard And Other Kits".

It's almost the same as what you have done, but tweaked for better tone and control. If you try it, I promise you'll like it.

DeusM

Re: Can I make this less noisy?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
Hey! I'll definitely try your circuit. Seems a little more complex than the one I made so it will be a good chance to keep practicing. Also, those jacks seem useful so I'll try to get some of those.
It's not the amps that kills you. It's the "mojo"