Attention Princess Auto Shoppers ? PCB Drill Bits

Started by Dean Hazelwanter, October 14, 2003, 04:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Hazelwanter

Just a heads up to people with Princess Auto stores nearby ? which means Canucks or people that live near Canada. The current Princess Auto flyer has 20 pc PCB drill bit sets on sale. Sizes are #61 to #80 in a metal index box. Regularly $9.99, now $3.88 until October 18th. I don?t think I?ve ever needed anything smaller than #72 ? hell even the #61 would be fine for most of the stuff we do.

Mike Nichting

Where do you all get your small bits?? I can't find them that small anywhere~!! The smallest I could find was a #58 and that is way too big for drilling PCBs.

Thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Andy

Mike, try finding a Dremel bit.  I use the 1/32" and it is perfect.  You can get four for about 5 bucks.
Andy

BillyJ

Rodgre

Small Bear to the rescue.

I find mine at hobby shops as well. Luckily, there's one a half mile from where I work.

By the way, here's a tip.
I use a dremel tool for my PCB drilling. I keep all of the different sizes of dremel collets in a recycled plastic film canister. They were probably fuji, because they're translucent. You can also use them to store your drill bits but I'm currently storing mine in a recycled X-Acto blade package.

Roger

Mike Nichting

Yeah, I have my dremel because I used it for custom construction work that I used to do to trim counter tops etc. etc.

The smallest bit I could find was a #58 and it's too big. I will check hobby stores tomorrow.

Thanks all~!!!!

Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

mike darling

Open your yellow pages and look for an industrial tool supply house. If you've got a local Grainger warehouse call them and see if they can reccomend anyone in the area for retail sales. Thats what I did. Now I know 3 different suppliers within a 10 minute drive of my town that stock jobbers length HSS drills down to size 80. They're cheap too, $0.70 - $0.90 ea. in quantities of 10.