Cool looking wooden enclosure

Started by Purplebuttcheese, March 20, 2017, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplebuttcheese

Thought you guys would find this interesting. It's a passive volume/mute pedal in a sweet looking wooden treasure box. The 2 potentiometers are strictly for design. It would've worked with just one but I thought it looked better with 2. They both do the same thing.
http://m.imgur.com/a/pdsma

thermionix

EBK wants to know where you got those knobs, but he's too nervous to ask.

EBK

Quote from: thermionix on March 20, 2017, 02:38:09 PM
EBK wants to know where you got those knobs, but he's too nervous to ask.

Very funny, therm.  :icon_razz:

(Let's try to keep this and all of the other threads cleaner than the thread about my current project though, ok?  :icon_wink:)
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

EBK

Quote from: Purplebuttcheese on March 20, 2017, 01:01:25 PM
Thought you guys would find this interesting. It's a passive volume/mute pedal in a sweet looking wooden treasure box. The 2 potentiometers are strictly for design. It would've worked with just one but I thought it looked better with 2. They both do the same thing.
http://m.imgur.com/a/pdsma

Interesting.  Have you considered using the second potentiometer for a passive tone control?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Purplebuttcheese

Haha they're from Michael's art store for about $2. I'm also working on a bigger one I got with 11 pots. My girlfriends gonna paint it for me this week :) That'd be sweet about the tone control! I have no idea how to wire that tho, I "free-handed" it so I used some random extra pots i had and wired it in parallel with each other.

highwater

That looks awesome, makes me think of Day of The Tentacle (old Lucasarts adventure game), or the Treehouse of Horror episodes of The Simpsons.

As for a tone control, since it's a passive pedal you may as well just wire it as a normal guitar tone control. Bonus: you could put it between a buffered pedal and a Fuzz Face, and get back some of that unbuffered-FF mojo.
"I had an unfortunate combination of a very high-end medium-size system, with a "low price" phono preamp (external; this was the decade when phono was obsolete)."
- PRR

duck_arse

cut an f-hole in one side of the box, tell people it's a semi-acoustic passive volume control.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

anotherjim

My previous wife tried making a craft hobby/job thing of decorating those little trinket boxes. She got them in cheap quantity lots from e-bay. Place was littered with the bloody things. Didn't get rich. She had to go.

I was expecting a sprung lid with some fiendishly clever levers to a pot making it a proper volume pedal - challenge for mkII?

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: duck_arse on March 21, 2017, 10:39:16 AM
cut an f-hole in one side of the box

For a minute I thought, "Damn, duck. Getting a little risque there aren't we?!!" lol.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.