Author Topic: Wampler Tumnus gut shots?  (Read 742 times)

ataro

Wampler Tumnus gut shots?
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:29:42 AM »
Hi guys,
Can't find any gut shots of the Wampler Tumnus. I'm curious. Is it all SMT? What diodes are in? Is it really a part-for-part Klone?

Some say it's bassier than a Klon. Is this true?

ataro

Re: Wampler Tumnus gut shots?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:39 AM »
Anyone? :icon_neutral:

willwaush

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:31:54 PM »
I'm following!

vigilante397

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 04:40:27 PM »
This thread is over a year old, but sure, I'll answer. The original poster actually asked the same thing on the Madbean forum and the following answer was given:

"It's not a part for part Klon. Brian breadboarded the klon circuit, then screwed around with values until he got something he was happy with. He also listened to a bunch of Klones and clips of actual klons to try and get the sound right. It is a bit bassier (check out the That Pedal Show klon episode).

It is all SMD (except for maybe the diodes, but probably those two) so that it can fit in a 1590A."
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

"Tayda's Whipping Boy" "Most Detestable Forum Member 2018"

http://www.sushiboxfx.com

Paul Marossy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »
This thread is over a year old, but sure, I'll answer. The original poster actually asked the same thing on the Madbean forum and the following answer was given:

"It's not a part for part Klon. Brian breadboarded the klon circuit, then screwed around with values until he got something he was happy with. He also listened to a bunch of Klones and clips of actual klons to try and get the sound right. It is a bit bassier (check out the That Pedal Show klon episode).

It is all SMD (except for maybe the diodes, but probably those two) so that it can fit in a 1590A."

Interesting. I wonder if he's going down the same road as these other manufacturers with his stuff being made in China.  ???

Wampler does love to breadboard things and tweak things until he gets what he wants. He's pretty good at that. I worked for him back in 2009-2010, so I know the drill.