White transparent PCB?

Started by Beros, April 26, 2009, 08:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beros

Hi.

Does anyone know where to get this PCB material?
Man ska inte ligga med lik

bean

It's actually a translucent with sort of a blue tint. I had some a couple of years ago, and I think I got it from Mouser. I really like it. Regular FR-4 is so boring....

Beros

Quote from: bean on April 26, 2009, 08:52:44 PM
It's actually a translucent with sort of a blue tint. I had some a couple of years ago, and I think I got it from Mouser. I really like it. Regular FR-4 is so boring....
All right, thanks. Do you have the parts number?
Man ska inte ligga med lik

nosamiam

Quote from: Beros on April 26, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: bean on April 26, 2009, 08:52:44 PM
All right, thanks. Do you have the parts number?

I was curious too so I looked it up:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?N=254597&Keyword=copper+clad+boards+single+sided&FS=True

John Lyons

Pretty sure that's just FR-4 sans green tint.
I've use some of that before.
Nice to work with a different color from time to time :)

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bean

According to my order history in Mouser, the ones I had were obsoleted. No info on them at all.  ???

nosamiam

Hmm,... I wonder if this is similar or not. It's from the datasheet of one of the items in my link above:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Copper Clad Boards
(Half ounce)
500 Series

This 1/16" FR4 board is laminated with ½ oz copper per square foot. This flame retardant laminate is translucent in color and made of continuous woven glass cloth impregnated with epoxy resin. Complies with UL #E214381 (select boards comply to UL #E213990).

Features / Benefits

1/16" thickness
½ oz copper
Flame retardant laminant
Typical Applications
Outer layers on multi-layer boards
Small productions runs
Hobby projects
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not due to order any PCB stock any time soon so I won't be able to find out. But next time I'm in the market I'll order some.

I noticed it comes in a 2 different thicknesses. Does anyone know any dis/advantages to 1/16" vs. 1/32"? I can't think of any other than if it is too thin, it could break during sawing or securing to standoffs or something.

R O Tiree

Quote from: bean on April 27, 2009, 10:29:50 AM
According to my order history in Mouser, the ones I had were obsoleted. No info on them at all.  ???

Maybe this item got "obsoleted " because of RoHS problems?  Farnell, here in the UK, has changed the stock number of every single item they sell because of this. 99.999% of the time, the item is exactly the same as the old one, as it contained no nasties (as defined in the legislation, but don't get me started...). They did it quite well, though, because they linked old and new stock numbers and when you asked for old, it showed up as "Out of Stock" and then showed you the new one.
...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...

juse

Digital

Hello anybody manage to find any ? Been looking myself for ages now. Thanks.