News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Eagle

Started by Mgt280y, March 07, 2017, 07:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mgt280y

I want to try and get some fab boards done but I'm struggling with eagle a little are there and guides for example hole sizes for various components, widths of trace etc etc ?

Also trying to add components I always strugle to find the right size or package for the components I use

Not to meantion how to get you head round routing of a double sided board and silkscreen I know it will be a steeeep learning curve

But hoping there is a step by step that's idiot proof lol

Kipper4

Use the search function. I feel sure this has been asked before.
Cheers
Rich
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Lily

I think it really helps to use libraries specifically for pedals or maybe diy synths, but even then it's a bit of a struggle to find every component. I started trying to figure out Eagle a few weeks ago and for me this has been the most difficult part.

For the routing I try to stick to one side, then switch to the top side when traces have to overlap. If you paint yourself into a corner you can place a 'via' that takes the trace from one side to the other.

I increased my trace widths a little bit for my first board, but I think the default should be fine.

The ratsnest feature will tell you if there are things not wired, and there's a check you can run to make sure things don't overlap and have enough spacing.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Mgt280y

Cool cheers, found Jacobs video tutorials as well also downloaded the fm library which is helping no end

Bit confused with the 9v and ground but I'm leaving them till the end do them all at the same time just trying to build up a schematic now

Mgt280y

Getting on "quite" well so far have it a stumbling point I'm struggling to find
A- eagle library with a 6AL5 pcb mount tube socket
B- finding pcb mount 7 pin 6AL5 tube sockets (I know they exist I have seen them  :icon_sad:)

FiveseveN

For the tube sockets you'll probably need to make your own. HaD has a tutorial: http://hackaday.com/2016/09/22/making-a-pcb-eagle-part-1/
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

PRR

"6AL5" is just a "7-pin miniature". (You figure out which pin is which.)

There are an infinite variety of "7-pin mini PCB mount" sockets, with pins on all different diameters. Best to have THE part in hand before you draw that part, or prepare LONG solder pads and drill it when you get sockets.
  • SUPPORTER

amz-fx

One of the things that I do when using a part footprint that I have not used before, is to print the pcb on a piece of heavy paper then punch the pad holes with a sharp pin. The real part can then be fit on the paper to see if the pins align.

regards, Jack

Mgt280y

This is the tube socket I'll be using if I'm gonna have to create the component is this enough information to do it just got to find the tube data sheet to get the pin out for the schematic symbol