Arduino compatible guitar effects board

Started by Blackaddr, March 25, 2017, 08:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioartillery

Awesome, I'll check out the control library. Maybe it can replace what I've written so far.

audioartillery

Hey, I just noticed the new Teensy 4.0 boards are out.  Will these drop into the TGA and just work?  I'm doing ok with the 3.6 but the 4.0 is a considerable performance improvement.

Blackaddr

Quote from: audioartillery on August 07, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
Hey, I just noticed the new Teensy 4.0 boards are out.  Will these drop into the TGA and just work?  I'm doing ok with the 3.6 but the 4.0 is a considerable performance improvement.

According to the PJRC website the 4.0 is mostly pin compatible with the features of the 3.2, so in theory yes it should work. However, when you look at the PJRC pinout diagrams for the 3.2 vs 4.0 I don't see a lot of the same functionality on the same pins.

That said, based purely on the Teensy 4.0 pinout diagram it appears the Teensy 4.0 is incompatable with the PJRC audio board which I doubt is the case so I'm optimistic! I've already ordered a Teensy 4.0 for myself and will test with the TGA Pro once it arrives to see if there is any compatibility issues.
Blackaddr Audio
Digital Modelling Enthusiast
www.blackaddr.com

Blackaddr

Now that more details about the PJRC Teensy 4.0 is out, its confirmed it does not have pin compatibility with the I2S (audio) or SPI busses. The PJRC audio board is also not compatible with the Teensy 4.0. I will be making a small adapter board to covert the TGA Pro socket to accept a Teensy 4.0 and make that available since it's just pin assignment that has changed. Otherwise it's compatible.
Blackaddr Audio
Digital Modelling Enthusiast
www.blackaddr.com

audioartillery

Quote from: Blackaddr on August 09, 2019, 07:59:28 AM
Now that more details about the PJRC Teensy 4.0 is out, its confirmed it does not have pin compatibility with the I2S (audio) or SPI busses. The PJRC audio board is also not compatible with the Teensy 4.0. I will be making a small adapter board to covert the TGA Pro socket to accept a Teensy 4.0 and make that available since it's just pin assignment that has changed. Otherwise it's compatible.

Awesome, I know a couple people plus myself that are hoping to upgrade to a 4.0.