signal routing

Started by tzenobite, April 03, 2017, 06:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

No the Micromixer works just like a passive mixer so you could have the same problems.

tzenobite

thanks!

one last question: the stompbox has to be aluminium because of wiring shielding?
i have accesso to scrap wood and scrap "dibond" (2mm thick aluminiun/plastic/aluminium sandwich, used for outdoor signs), if i build a proto box out of these materials will i get noises because the wooden sides?
thank you all again

tzenobite

hi people!
first step of the project: done.
still missing the mixer, but i already put together the first parts: the a/b switch, the looper (without the case), another couple of switches and the input jacks
as soon as the things are all done i'll print the label (with a wooden graphic since the pedal is used with a hurdy gurdy)

tzenobite

hi!
the box works well, i'm the one who still has to learn how to work well enough :D
regarding the next step, a friend sent me a link to a buffer circuit, he says i'll put a buffer for every channel i have to mix and then simply "add" the channels together, the buffers will keeps the signals away from mixing backward
what do you people think? which way's the simpler? are the two equally useful for my needs?

ElectricDruid

Personally, I'd go for an active mixer every time.

Components-wise there might not be a lot in it, but the second way just feels hacky to me. If you're building a mixer, build a mixer.

This is probably a personal preference at this point, since I can't find solid technical reasons to prefer one solution over the other, but I also find I really wouldn't want to do it the other way. Aren't humans odd?! ;)

Tom

tzenobite

---sorry, trying to keep the thread clean---

potul

You can build a paralooper, which is mostly what you need. A dry / wet mixer for an effects loop. Add the needed switches in the signal path for your preference.

http://moosapotamus.net/paralooper.html

OR, the splitter-blend from runoffgroove with some changes

http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html