Author Topic: Switchcraft jack resistance?  (Read 2497 times)

Timanator

Switchcraft jack resistance?
« on: May 04, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »
Just wired some up and they work once I peeled back the black sheath between the ground and inner strand cover. When I tested resistance, there are some between the 2 terminals. And so I checked the jacks, and they are not completely open. is this by design?

Thanks.

EBK

Re: Switchcraft jack resistance?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 08:45:11 AM »
I think you may be measuring the resistance of your thumb...
Try setting the jack (looks like a plug actually) on the table and measuring again, being careful not to bridge the tip and ring with your skin.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:48:17 AM by EBK »
  • SUPPORTER
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

duck_arse

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:38:19 AM »
10M97, with that much skin contacting that much metal that close together? must have verrrryyyyy dry skin.
".... just enough bling hardware to complement the quiet textured slip-proof pants ...." - customer appraisal of last pedal build.

Timanator

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Talk about feeling foolish, the less touchy feeling method produced no connectivity. Thanks.

:icon_redface:

EBK

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »
Talk about feeling foolish, the less touchy feeling method produced no connectivity. Thanks.

:icon_redface:
Nah, that feeling is called learning.  :icon_wink: You'll learn more from figuring out why things go wrong than you would getting everything right the first time.  It's part of what makes the hobby so rewarding.
  • SUPPORTER
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Timanator

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 08:30:59 AM »
Yo EBK, I posted the pic of the "Diodes" on GGG's facebook page. My friends started to roast me on the keywords of C for Capacitors, R for Resistors, and even went to question my beer of choice. :)

Cant trust anyone these days lol.

bluebunny

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »
the less touchy feeling method

A good lesson learned.  Particularly when you come to build a tube amp.   :icon_twisted:                                          ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

EBK

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 10:21:52 AM »
Yo EBK, I posted the pic of the "Diodes" on GGG's facebook page. My friends started to roast me on the keywords of C for Capacitors, R for Resistors, and even went to question my beer of choice. :)

Cant trust anyone these days lol.
We're friendlier and less judgmental than Facebook here.  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER