Boosting the effect signal of cheap reverb pedals

Started by Josashi, June 02, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josashi

I recently purchased a tomsline ocean verb. I had read and seen reviews so, i knew it wasnt a great pedal to begin with. But, at $30 I couldn't resist the urge to learn about mods from the many skilled and knowledgable members here on these boards. Here is what I'd like to do if possible... boost the effect level without boosting the input level. The reverb settings are okay but very low when set to 50% mix. I'm new to the diy pedal game so any advice is greatly appreciated.

blackieNYC

What about 100% wet? Can you dial that up or is there always some dry?
Might be helpful if there is a simple non-reverb delay preset in there. See if that gets you a unity gain output.
Might be doable. There's probably an input buffer op amp, and an output op amp too. Both dry and wet will be mixed there, you could cut off the dry signal, and maybe increase a neg feedback resistor value. No added switches or knobs needed. Be ready to deal with surface mount.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers