VeroRoute - Free software for producing Veroboard, Perfboard, PCBs layouts

Started by DrAlx, June 15, 2017, 07:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrAlx

V1.30 is now released.

There have been a few improvements since my last post.  There is now a templates library for ICs, more default component types (Relays, Switches, Bourns Trimpots, Crystals), and more flexibility importing components from gEDA/TinyCAD.  This release has the first of a set of major improvements to usability that are in the pipeline.

Download from the main page at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/veroroute/

DrAlx

I am more than 90% done with porting VeroRoute to Android, but it will need a device with resolution of at least 1920x1200, so forget about running it on a phone.
It has all the functionality of the desktop version (vero, perf, connectivity checking, routing, and Gerber export for dual layer PCB) and will be totally free.
I'm just trying to tweak the UI a bit (clearly hard going from a desktop based application with keyboard and mouse to a finger driven thing)
but some things are actually easier to do on this app than on the desktop.  I also need to write the in-built tutorials that will go with the app.

I should have APKs uploaded to sourceforge for download within a few weeks.    Here are some screeshots from my Kindle Fire HD 10:

DrAlx

I have just released V2.20 including the apk for Android.
It will need Android 7 or higher and a device resolution of at least 1920x1200.
Download from Sourceforge ...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/veroroute/

The interactive tutorials (under the Help menu) are still for the desktop version, so they refer to using mouse and keyboard and don't describe the 5 "paint buttons I added to the Android version".  If you read how the desktop version handles "painting pins" and "painting grid points" it will be clear what those buttons do.

I will do Android specific tutorials at some point in the future.

DrAlx

The minimum Android device resolution is actually 1280x800 (not 1920x1200 as I said in the last post) so it should run on many more Android devices.

handmade.analog.pedals

Is there any chance that it will work on the mac os in the future?

DrAlx

The VeroRoute sourcecode is released and should compile for mac (just a case of downloading QtCreator and compiling), but I don't have a mac, and therefore don't release pre-compiled versions for that OS.

I know some VeroRoute users run a Linux virtual machine on their mac, so they download and run the Linux version of VeroRoute.