Boss CE-2 questions

Started by griff10672, June 19, 2017, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griff10672

Going to try to breadboard up one of these and am in the process of ordering parts ........

that round white thing I see in all the gut shots and I think is labeled as VR3 on a schematic I saw... that's a 10K trim pot ... no ???

I'm using Electrosmash's True Bypass Schematic .... unless someone knows of a better TB Schematic for it ...

any common substitution for the BC239BP's ????  I found some that match up real close specs wise on Tayda ... but want to make sure ...

any other common mistakes ... botches and screw ups I should look out for ???

Thanks in advance ............

Griff

thermionix

I haven't looked at Electrosmash's CE-2 schematic, but I've seen enough errors in their stuff that I would recommend finding another, or at least double-checking it against others.

bloxstompboxes

I would try the tonepad.com's schematic. I built it from their etch mask on the site and it works a treat.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

griff10672

I've matched it up against a few other schematics .... I don't think I've found two legible schematics that match ...

I'll check out Tonepad's ....

thanks for the input guys ...

duck_arse

interesting. the BC239 datasheet from Motorola says they come as BC239 or BC239C, indicating unsorted or sorted for highest gain, whereas the BC237 comes a, b or c, and the BC238 comes b or c.

so use a high hFE, low noise. BC549 or BC549C, or 2N5089, like that. note your pinouts, tho.

+1 what therm said.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

griff10672

Thanks duck_arse !!!!   much appreciated !!

Griff