Guitar Effects Explained (eBook)

Started by amz-fx, September 15, 2017, 03:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amz-fx

More than ever before, guitar players are using effects pedals to optimize their tone, or extend the range of sounds available in their playing. It is not uncommon to see guitarists with pedalboards holding 10 or more pedals. The Golden Age of effects may be here, or it may be yet to some, but no matter which, one thing is sure, there are plenty of options existing and affordable for any musician.

Guitar Effects Explained is the book for anyone interested in the technology of echo, reverb, flangers, phasers, distortion and much more.

Distortion Pedals Explained is also available on Amazon and is the book for guitarists using distortion pedals who are curious to find out what's going on inside those colorful boxes on the floor. Distortion Effects Explained digs deep into what makes a fuzz, overdrive, octave or amp-in-a-box pedal.

These books are written in a conversational style that should appeal to DIY Makers, hobbyists and guitarists with only a small amount of math and scientific jargon. You don't have to be an engineer to enjoy the books, so let's get started!

These Kindle ebooks can also be read on your smartphone with the Kindle app, or with a laptop or PC using Kindle for PC. A Mac reader for Kindle books is also available.

Also, check out my complete selection of ebooks.

Thanks for viewing! 

Best regards, Jack

aron

ElectricDruid

+1 good luck. Anything that explains more things to more people is good with me! I'd like to see more people getting into pedals, and more people getting *deeper* into pedals. If you can do anything to help that happen (and I believe you're well placed to do exactly that!) then you've got my full support. Go, Jack!

Tom

amz-fx

Aron and Tom,

My sincere thanks for your support!

Best regards, Jack

Hatredman

Buying Right now. Any chance of a dead tree version?

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

amz-fx

I have the paperback version of Guitar Effects Explained already edited and am working on the cover art.

Thanks for your interest!

Best regards, Jack

Benoi31

I would be in for the "dead tree" version as well  :icon_mrgreen:

rutabaga bob

Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

chbeer

I'd be in for a "real" eBook. I don't own a Kindle and would love to read it in iBooks.

Other than that: sounds interesting!

amz-fx

Paper version is all done except for the back cover. I need to take some time while I'm off during the holidays and get it finalized!

Thanks for your interest,

Jack

Rob Strand

QuotePaper version is all done except for the back cover.

Congratulations Jack.  It takes a fair amount of work putting something like that together.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

PariahBrothermann

This looks amazing. Holing out fot the paper version. Will I be able to get it in the UK? Great work!

amz-fx

Thanks for the interest.

I apologize for the delay.  I have developed a serious problem with one of my eyes, which has slowed me down in working on a lot of projects including this one.

I do plan on getting the paper version finished, and it will be available to ship to the UK and other countries.

Thanks again, Jack

Ice-9

Quote from: amz-fx on March 03, 2018, 08:44:44 AM
Thanks for the interest.

I apologize for the delay.  I have developed a serious problem with one of my eyes, which has slowed me down in working on a lot of projects including this one.

I do plan on getting the paper version finished, and it will be available to ship to the UK and other countries.

Thanks again, Jack

Hi Jack, I hope you get you eye problem fixed soon. Good luck with the books.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

amz-fx

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a fix for the eye problem any time soon. The ophthalmologist says it should stabilize, but it seems to have stabilized as blurry. It makes working with a computer monitor somewhat difficult.  >:(

Best regards, Jack

wyn

is there an analog version? ::)

oops, seen the reply .......
No Fuzz= No Fun!

amz-fx

FWIW, I have finally developed the skill to make paperbacks, and you can see the results here:

http://www.muzique.com/news/blank-tab-books/

This means the paperback version of Guitar Effects Explained is moving closer to being finalized. The big problem is that the many images that are in the ebook version do not translate well to paperback and cause formatting problems with some pages. Also, the requirements for the cover are difficult and I have had the cover rejected twice. I'm not worried about the cover, it is the interior formatting that is the headache!  :)

Thanks for your interest, Jack