SpinCad EQ type filter question

Started by Ice-9, December 03, 2023, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice-9

Although I have had a bit play around with SpinCad in the past I usually look at coding in SpinASM. I thought I would see if I could work out a single band EQ type filer with a fixed frequency with a cut/boost of about +/- 10db.

Is there any blocks in SpinCad that would get me somewhere near this type of narrow band cut/boost filter?  I'm a little confused as how I could built this in SpinCad. Any pointers would be great.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

ElectricDruid

You could do an SVF type of thing easily enough in SpinASM, couldn't you? Then use the bandpass output to either add or subtract from the input?

Digital Larry

There's a 1-band EQ which is just a single band taken from a 6-band EQ example.  I'm not sure you can get +10 dB out of it.  Also, it's not a bandpass, it's "peaking" which AFAIK means it's flat outside that range.  Or as ElectricDruid suggested, try the BP output of the SVF.  I don't think these filters auto-adjust to keep from clipping when you change the Q, anyway keep that in mind.

DL
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

Ice-9

Thanks Tom and Larry, I will follow those ideas and see how it turns out.  :)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.