freq to voltage converter???

Started by doug deeper, November 03, 2003, 03:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"..well behaved square-wave.."..
...thats why I suggested the schmitt-trigger..balance the input so it lies inbetween the deciding values and a guitarsignal should result in a squarewave. if you make it slightly offset it would also be gating ( low or high on the S.M output ) and you'll have an automatic noisegate built in....

Johan
DON'T PANIC

idlefaction

this appeals to my 'i like one-transistor circuits' side:

http://graffiti.virgin.net/ljmayes.mal/pump/transistorpump.htm

the top bit by itself could be a very interesting staircase-waveform generator...  throw a low-pass filter, scmitt trigger and buffer in front, and a buffer on the output, and have switchable values for one of the capacitors, and you could have some serious octave-down action  :P

there's some maths there showing you how to design a circuit using discrete components and any kind of V/Hz slope...  hth  :)
Darren
NZ

Ansil

lm2917 data sheet states a 28v supply voltage..   wahhhhhhhhhh   isn't that a little extreme

R.G.

Quotelm2917 data sheet states a 28v supply voltage.. wahhhhhhhhhh isn't that a little extreme

28V is the absolute max, above which the chip self destructs.

The electrical operating characteristics are specified in the data sheet for typical conditions of Vcc=12V, and other chip characteristics are specified down to a Vcc=6V. I have used the chip at 9V and it works very well there. It's intended for automotive applications where the Vcc would nominally range from 6V to 13.2V.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ansil

ahhh .. i see thanks i am at teh librarry and i couldnt' get the whole thing to load,