Ibanez CP10 - Not working

Started by david1991ross, November 16, 2020, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david1991ross

I bought an Ibanez CP10 in non functioning condition awhile back and after multiple attempts to get it up and running I've been unable to do so.
I'm getting practically no signal at the output when the pedal is engaged. It does work in bypass mode. I've decided to use my audio probe to help solve the problem.

-I'm getting an extremely weak signal on lug 3 of the Level pot, I'm also getting an extremely weak signal at the junction of Q7 and Q8. I'm also not getting much if anything at pin 8 of IC1.

-The pedal does work when engaged through Q1.

-The DC voltage at test point (A) is ~3.2V

-I get 1.12V at pin 4 of IC1

-When I bought the pedal the protection diode (D7) was physically broken in half. I've since replaced it with an appropriate diode.

I've been told that I might have a dead IC1 (BA6110) but was told to ask around and get a second opinion. Does anyone else suspect this is the case? Here is a copy of the schematic: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_icp10_sc.pdf

Thanks!

iainpunk

yeah, i suspect a dead chip, but the chip is not too expensive since is like $4 or less

if you tried it and it turns out not to be dead chip, you have a great excuse to build a super nice tremolo (or ringmod) from this extra chip you now have.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

david1991ross

Quote from: iainpunk on November 16, 2020, 06:11:53 PM
yeah, i suspect a dead chip, but the chip is not too expensive since is like $4 or less

if you tried it and it turns out not to be dead chip, you have a great excuse to build a super nice tremolo (or ringmod) from this extra chip you now have.

cheers, Iain

Alright. Do you know where I can find a replacement chip from someone reputable? Ebay seems to have them with varying prices. The higher priced ones have commenters saying that what they received are legit. I'm assuming the ones from China are fakes?