EH Deluxe Memory Man 4 knob (Blue - 1307A) help (if you will be so kind)

Started by atmahack, January 27, 2022, 08:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atmahack

Hello,  this is my first post so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.
i'll attach a picture or 2 if anyone has any ideas and cares to shed some light on this for me.

A friend of mine had this laying in his basement for sometime and he gave it to me.  It's a late 70s deluxe memory man blue 4 knob.  at first there was a power issue and another friend of mine fixed it for me(Richie Hall).  Thing worked great for about 2 weeks then all the sudden the delay stops working.  Took it back to Richie and he couldn't figure it out.  I read somewhere that u can switch the sad1024s around so i did that and still nothing.  There is some corrosion on the back of the board i think where the sad1024 delay chips sit.  I'd like to get this thing fixed if it's at all possible Lord willing.  i'm not much on diagnosing and i don't have a meter to test anything but I CAN borrow one for a day or two from work or a friend. 

Something worth mentioning is it DOES still power on and i can hear something going on when i adjust the delay knob just no delay.  Thanks and God bless

bean

Whatever you do, hang on to it. Those 4 SAD1024 are worth maybe $100 each at this point even if the pedal cannot be resurrected.

Without the right experience and tools it's going to be very difficult to guide you through an effective repair. At the very least you're going to need a multimeter and audio probe to track down the problem. To really do the job you need a scope and know how to use it. Add to that these units are mains powered with a transformer/rectifier to power the actual circuit. You need to be aware of the appropriate safety measures to take if you start poking around in there.

Also, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but switching the SAD chips around is the last thing you want to do assuming it's just a power issue. Each one has to be calibrated for output. Switching them around usually guarantees the entire unit will need to be re-calibrated.

atmahack

thanks for the speedy reply!  i know which ones go where if that makes any sense.  i switched 1 and 2 to 2 and 1 and i switched 3 and 4 with 4 and 3.  Do you see the corrosion on the back?  is that anything i should be concerned about or can it be cleaned up any?