Eagle vias question

Started by guidoilieff, October 09, 2017, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guidoilieff

Hi. I´m doing a double sided diy pcb. Because there is no way I can make a perfect register from both sides I was wondering how to increase vias size and make it a pad size hole so I can connect both sides of the pcb with a solid wire.

Do i make myself clear? Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

Marcos - Munky

When you select the "route" tool (the one where you draw the traces), you can see some things at the top of the window. For example, the width of the trace. Right next to it, there's 3 pad formats (square, round and octagonal), a "diameter" and a "drill" dropboxes. These dropboxes sets the via size and hole size, and the pad formats sets the via format.

PRR

Your English is fine; better than many.

"DIY via" is a scrap of wire, right? (If you don't have register, you don't have plate-through equipment.) Drill the one side. Put the wire in and solder. Flip over. The wire missed the other side! Bend the wire over to hit where the pad really is, and solder.

Yes, that is sloppy, and maybe the hole will hit something else which is bad. Marcos' tips will be a big help. Give you a larger target and a larger "keep out" zone so you won't hit some other trace.
  • SUPPORTER

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Marcos - Munky

I've only did a dual layer once. It was a PITA to align both sides. But after that I've found a few tips. One is to draw the layout, then add one pad to each corner of the board, outside of the layout area. You drill those 4 holes to a board bigger than the layout, and use them to align both sides. Good luck.

Hatredman

In fact you Just need 3 holes for XY alignment, and you can repurpose them for the screws that hold the board in The enclosure, só they are not wasted real estate.

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.