3pdt switching between 2 separate I/O's (new builder)

Started by 1992rockhound, October 16, 2017, 08:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1992rockhound

First off, rookie builder here so forgive my ignorance.
I'm working on a pedal concept that needs to switch between two sources and outputs. Most of the diagrams and whatnot I've been able to find on the subject deal with one input switching outputs. Effectively I need pos1 of the switch to connect input A to a standard effect loop, then run to output A and pos2 to run Input B through the above loop and to output B. The effect loop will bypass whichever I/O it's in between. Seems like it should have a simple solution but I'm stumped.
Any ideas?

blackieNYC

Input A in and out of Loop X  - 1st switch condition
Input B in and out of loop X  - 2nd switch condition

each of these functions needs a 2pole 2 throw switch (for true bypass).  There are 4pole 2 throw stompswitches at small bear.  There is also the ideal of tripping relays from a single switch, or using some analog switching CMOS chips - which you can read about at "tone god wicked switches" or Geofex.
Or check out the monomonster relay kit at smallbearelectronics - you would need two. Each is a 2pole 2 throw switch AND an LED.
I have a 4P2T switch in one of my pedals, Idon't remember which. It is still working fine.  there is a concern that more elaborate switches will suffer in longevity. But if you want an LED, try one of the above methods.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

1992rockhound

Yeah two switches is what I was thinking, a selector for the i/o and then a on/true bypass for the loop.

GGBB

Pretty straightforward. The switches will probably be noisy without pulldowns.

• SUPPORTER