GPL (open-source) Java code for SpinCAD Designer is now available

Started by Digital Larry, March 23, 2014, 12:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Larry

I'm not sure if there are any budding Java programmers out there. I wasn't either, until I discovered Andrew Kilpatrick's ElmGen project a little over a year ago.

Anyway, feel free to download the source and be sure to abide by the GPL version 3 rules, for which there is a link at my forum.

I've slowed down quite a bit in my energy to update SpinCAD Designer and hope someone out there might be interested to take it to the next level.

Here's the link.
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

Ice-9

Hi larry,

I would like to thank you for all the hard work you have already put into SpinCad Designer. I have followed it quite a bit and it certainly has brought the possibilities of making code for the FV-1 more accessible to a lot more people.

It would be nice if Spinsemi could actually take a part in this and develop the designer very much like TC electronic toneprint software.

Anyway, thanks larry for all you have done to date.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Digital Larry

Thanks for the kind remarks Mick.  It was an interesting experience - I think partially fueled by the disintegration of the job I'd had for seven years.  I became completely obsessed with writing the program once I'd gotten the ElmGen bit working, even though I (still) haven't built any pedals or boxes with the FV-1 in them (though I may still do that one day).  
Digital Larry

Refractions

Tried to register an account with the forum to download this software - still awaiting my account to be activated.  Anyone know generally how long it takes?

Cheers

Iain

Digital Larry

It takes until you read this and respond with the username you used to register:

Trouble registering or logging in?
EVERYONE: Post a message here to let me know you're trying to register. I may delete new users if I haven't heard from you first somehow. Do your username and e-mail look like random gibberish? Are you from yandex.ru? Your application, if it is legitimate, may be delayed unless you post a message to reassure me. Too many spam bots! If it's been more than a year since you signed up and you've never logged on, again I may delete your account.

-- actually in your case, since your username matched what I found here, I approved you.  In general though, people need to announce their presence.  I wish I could just let people auto register but since getting hacked a couple years ago I am not going to do that.
Digital Larry