[Request] Vintage style PCB layout guide

Started by disorder, November 24, 2017, 08:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disorder

A number of years ago I remember a visual guide for creating vintage style PCB layouts floating around this forum.
It showed how to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or some other program to create layouts with curved wavy traces and large copper fills.

I want to say long time member Dragonfly (AC) created it, but I could be wrong. By any chance did anyone save the image or happen to remember where it might live? Thanks! -tim

Plexi

Try the newest DIYlc version; as I know, you have there curved traces to edit.
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

disorder

Thanks I'll check it out. The guide that I am thinking of produced a very specific looking layout, though. See below...

yeeshkul

I love those, although not necassary, they are pleasure t look at. I make them in Paint Shop Pro 7.

disorder

Quote from: yeeshkul on November 25, 2017, 03:43:26 AM
I love those, although not necassary, they are pleasure t look at. I make them in Paint Shop Pro 7.

Any tips? I remember the guide I am looking for had a real easy way to do this. It first had to you do the layout with straight traces, then curve them to your liking. Finally it had a neat "trick" to turn some of the traces into those large copper fills.

davent

I've used Inkscape to take a bog standard pcb layout created in Express PCB and turn into a totally whacked out abstract mess that is still a functional layout. If you have a pdf of the pcb that Inkscape can open, some are locked, you can use nodes and add nodes to to traces then bend and curve, stretch the traces to your hearts desire. Of course my pictures were hosted at photobucket and disappeared, i have copies on another computer i'll try to get to later.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Rixen

I understand that the design technique was applied to reduce the amount of copper needing etching, therefore extending the life of consumables... comments ?