LFO circuit that doesnt tick in your audio path?

Started by Se7en_Costanza, November 26, 2017, 06:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR

> A pure sinewave oscillator .... no abrupt current load transitions.

"Pure" is hard to get. And costs more.

The most-popular "Sine" LFOs stabilize by clipping, and tend to throw a spike every cycle.

So just because it is "sine-like" does not ensure ticklessness.
  • SUPPORTER

patrick398

Firstly, sorry for totally hijacking this thread but i think it's still relevant to the original post.

I spent the last days or so trying absolutely everything to purge the tick from my circuit. Tried filtering power, isolating grounds, daughterboard for seperating V+to IC1 and IC2 (i think) and nothing worked. Just before i went to bed i noticed the 1uf input cap was in backwards but i thought 'that probably won't make much difference' and went to bed.

I couldn't stop thinking about the ticking though so got up...(soldering in just your pants is not recommended)...and flipped it just for the hell of it and hey presto! Quiet as a mouse now.

I guess this isn't that helpful as i can't tell you exactly which 'fix' solved my ticking as it was clearly because of the cap being in backwards (i don't understand why that made it tick) but i guess if you do all of the fixes it should clear up any problems with tick :)

EDIT: I was also experiencing bypass switch pop before which has since cleared up...more good news