Police Flasher Circuit in a fuzz...with a problem

Started by joby, December 06, 2017, 04:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonis

What about some "golden anciety" like BJT flip-flop..??
(resistors and caps values set according to taste..)

Maybe it worths a try, from "silence" point of view..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

EATyourGuitar

TLC555, LMC555, TS555 all low power CMOS. Not sure how they compare for cost and performance. Never heard of 7555 but I will remember that for next time I buy samples. For anyone that is new, you can search the internet for Texas Instruments free samples. If you get one sample of each part number, you can build 4 pedals. Save the NE555 for a charge pump, camera flash, PWM motor etc.

If the flasher frequency never changes you can use the weak triangle signal buffered by a non-inverting TL072 buffer with gain and a two terminal Bicolor red blue LED. If the triangle needs to be more sine than you can RC filter after the buffer before the Bicolor LED. Most people forget that there is a square and a triangle oscillator exactly in phase as if it is an integrated square. The reason most people don't use it is because it must be buffered by a linear FET with enough gain to make it work. The triangle is the cap voltage. The constant current source sink with the cap is an integrator. That is how it times the switched power. Any loading would leak the cap.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Rob Strand

QuoteWhat about some "golden anciety" like BJT flip-flop..??
(resistors and caps values set according to taste..)
Many flashing lights for bicycles use still this circuit.  The only difference is they use smaller timing caps and larger resistors. Then they feed a switch to drive 6 or more LEDs. 

I like the idea of using smaller, possibly non-electro, caps.

I guess the CMOS circuit is best suited to that but have a vague recollection there's conditions where they don't start up.

Beyond that  a MOSFET version would work!

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.