Where have ALL the Light Plates gone?

Started by k3yPr0gg3r, December 14, 2017, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

There use to be Light Plates available, (1590B), and now I can't find any. Also, Small Bear used to carry 125B. Has TTG decided that the Light Plate idea was a "flash in the pan", and is not producing any more? If so...too bad. They were a GREAT addition to DIY pedals... :(

Thanks

amptramp

I guess people are building their own.  With all the different enclosure sizes available, it is best to start with a sheet of plexiglass and embed LED's in it yourself.  You used to see a lot more people using standard enclosures like the Hammond 125B but recently the pictures section has shown a lot of different enclosures.

There is another issue: the plexiglass between the bottom cover and the sides of the enclosure form a slot antenna that allows radiated susceptibility and emissions of interference.

EATyourGuitar

It's a big ass wing and a loud exhaust on a slammed Honda Civic. It can only decrease performance and add noise. At least it looks cool. I am glad if this trend goes out of fashion. Why not just make the entire pedal plastic like behringer and PCB mount it.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Fancy Lime

"Usefulness" of such gimmicks aside because they are really just a taste thing, the noise-antenna issue can easily be resolved by gluing a layer of aluminium foil to the top of the Plexi plate, so that this foil forms the new bottom plate of the enclosure from the electromagnetic point of view. It must of course cover the plate completely and have contact to the enclosures upper part on all sides. It may be useful to form the foil into a little lip around the edges to ensure a proper Faraday Cage. If you have access to thicker aluminium foil that the usual kitchen stuff that may be easier to work with but I don't think it is strictly necessary.

Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

vigilante397

I stopped using them years ago (love the look, just not a fan of the added height) and I still have a few lying around somewhere in the garage. Not sure if I have any 1590B though, probably just some 1590BB.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

sominka

Prefer to hear the effect pedal not look at cosmetics.

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com